Find is looking for Part Time Swampers to work out of our Donation + Retail Centre at 5120 122 street.
Do you love working on a team that is passionate about helping the community?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Now... What does a "swamper" do, you ask?!
The Part-Time Swamper will work at the Find South location and be involved in the day-to-day operations - dealing with customers, working with merchandise, and being responsible for delivering furniture and picking up donations. The Part-Time Swamper reports directly to the Shipping & Receiving Manager.
This role requires someone that can be available from Monday to Sunday from 8:30 am to 6:30 pm and able to work an average of three eight-hour shifts a week.
- Provide assistance to the Driver and cooperate in a team environment.
- Assist Driver with carrying out telephone calls, charting, and establish vehicle routes.
- Move, load, and unload deliveries and pick-ups as required.
- Participate as a ‘truck backing’ guide following safety precautions.
- Provide advice in inspecting donations, advising if items carry safety and/or health issues.
- Other duties as assigned through the Driver, Dispatcher, A/Dispatcher, and General Manager
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate strong motivation skills
- Ability to work with changing priorities
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Must be able to work on a Saturday rotational schedule
- Work with little direction or supervision
- Having a valid Class 5 drivers license is considered an asset
- Physically fit
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Find is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To apply, click here.