What You’ll Do
This role is responsible for day-to-day operations - providing customer service, working with merchandise, performing transactions and supporting the rest of the Find team as needed. This includes but is not limited to:
- Approach sales as an ambassador for the primary mandates of FIND and the goal of ending homelessness in Edmonton
- Assist customers to make selections by building customer confidence, offering suggestions, providing information and ensuring consumer awareness
- Process payments by totaling purchases, processing cash, debit, and credit purchases as well cashing in and out during shifts
- Complete sales related processes at cash desk - gift certificates, in-store credits, and recording sales information
- Follow processes and complete transactions accurately, arranging for take away, customer pick-up, or delivery, etc
- Assist with carrying out products (sofas, tables, chairs, artwork, etc) with a dolly or by hand
- Assist in pricing, stocking, and display of merchandise on retail floor
- Clean furniture, fixtures, floors, and assigned areas inside and outside of building
- Set up, maintain, and clean/sanitize cash desk for each working day
- Help to ensure a safe and secure opening, operation, and closing of the store each day
- Follow OH&S and COVID protocols
- Provide great customer service
- Assist customers with in-store purchases and donation questions (loading/un-loading of vehicles)
- Inspect all donated items that come into our warehouse and taking items to their appropriate areas in a timely manner.
Other duties as required.
- Minimum of High School or GED equivalent.
- Proficiency in modern technologies and web-based programs and apps
- Open and transparent communication skills – written and verbal
- Availability Monday-Sunday to work up to 20 hours per week
- Ability to work in steel toe shoes/boots
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Clear criminal record check
Nice To Haves
- Experience and understanding of Indigenous culture and traditions is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the state of homelessness in Edmonton and across the country is an asset.
- Experience working in retail environment
Find’s Work Culture
- Innovative -- innovative and outside of the box thinkers
- People-oriented -- supportive and open
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Fun and Focused – We work hard, and we play hard
- Goal-oriented – We will end homelessness in Edmonton.