We are looking for some Part Time Retail Sales associates to work out of our Donation + Retail Centre at 5120 122 street.
Do you love working on a team that is passionate about helping the community?
Then we have the opportunity for you!
Retail store Clerks are members of the Front Team and are involved in the day-to-day operations on the retail floor at FIND- dealing with customers, working with merchandise, cooperating as a team, and engaging in marketing initiatives. Front Team members report to the Retail Floor Manager.
- Approach sales as an ambassador for the primary mandates of FIND and the goals of Homeward Trust to end homelessness in Edmonton.
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence, offering suggestions, providing information and ensuring consumer awareness
- Process payments by totaling purchases, processing cash, debit, and credit purchases
- Complete sales related processes at cash desk - gift certificates, in-store credits, and recording sales stats
- Follow processes and complete invoices accurately, arranging for take away, customer pick-up, or delivery
FRONT of STORE SUPPORT
- Assist in pricing, stocking, and display of merchandise on the retail floor
- Clean furniture, fixtures, floors, and assigned areas inside and outside of the building
- Set up, maintain, and close cash desk for each working day
- Help to ensure a safe and secure opening, operation, and closing of the store each day
- Be reliable and on time, working assigned shifts, attending meetings and being accountable for responsibilities as assigned
- Take initiative in maintaining the retail floor, keeping busy, and supporting the efforts of colleagues
- Willingly engage in relevant professional learning: developing job-skills, cross-training, researching the product, training new employees
- Keep supervisor and team members informed, sharing customer information, and giving feedback on store operations.
- Acknowledge, understand and contribute to "the FIND customer experience", making customer service a priority
- Greet customers, make them feel welcome and offer assistance
- Direct, advise, and inform customers by providing information on our products, programs and the project to end homelessness
- Engage in social media and marketing tasks within guidelines provided by management
- Additional duties as assigned by Retail Floor Supervisor or management
Skill and Experience Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Possess strong communication and customer service skills
- Have the ability to work well in a variety of settings with minimal supervision
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in a team-oriented setting
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and achieve positive outcomes using critical thinking and proper judgment
- Be interested and have an acumen for continuous change and learning
- Overtime work required as needed
- Minimum 1-year previous related experience is preferred
- Satisfactory pass of criminal record check
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from people of Indigenous heritage, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Learn more and apply here.