Find is looking for a passionate individual to join our Driving & Logistics team.
This role is responsible for Housing First deliveries, customer deliveries and donor pick ups, as well as all safety aspects of the vehicle crew in the loading/unloading, securing, and safe operations of the vehicle. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide great customer service
- Book and verify appointments for donation pick-ups, customer deliveries and Housing First deliveries
- Load and unload trucks as needed
- Establishing and confirming the most effective and economical route along with providing a time schedule for the days requirements
- Provide receipts of all vehicle expenditure on a weekly basis
- Ensuring all vehicle crew members follow all policies and procedures of Find for vehicle movements, loading-unloading procedures and client/customer safety
- Assist in the hiring process for drivers and swampers as required
- Maintain and update record on all Find vehicles and establish a maintenance schedule and book maintenance for vehicles
- Review and confirm vehicle inspection sheets
- Present any concerns or issues on behalf of the vehicle crews to Find Leadership
- Participate in regular meetings with all drivers, swampers and dispatchers with over-view of events, mishaps, information received from donors (both positive and negative)
- Track Kilometer and fuel expenditures and provide monthly reports
- Generate weekly statistics based on deliveries, pick-ups and geographical area and monthly statistics as required and directed
Other duties as required.
- Minimum of High School or GED equivalent.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Clear driving abstract
- 5 years of commercial driving experience
- Open and transparent communication skills – written and verbal
- Availability Monday-Saturday with flexibility to work 37.5 to 44 hours per week
- Ability to work in steel toe shoes/boots
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Solid analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Clear criminal record check
Nice To Haves
- Experience and understanding of Indigenous culture and traditions is an asset.
- Working knowledge of the state of homelessness in Edmonton and across the country is an asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Experience navigating Edmonton and surrounding areas
Interested in learning more or applying? Check out the listing here.