Find is hiring a General Manager!
We're looking for the right person to help lead our team & support operations at Find Retail + Donation & Find Online!
Do you have warehouse and management experience and want to make a difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness in Edmonton? Then we want to hear from you!
Duties & Responsibilities
Social Enterprise & Operational
- General management of Find Furniture Bank retail and online environments, as well as furnishing homes for participants of the Housing First and other programs funded through Homeward Trust.
- Work with the Director of Operations to implement a business plan and increase the Find brand.
- Maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including businesses, realtors, community and faith groups to increase the quality and quantity of donations.
- Lead and train staff in outstanding service to customers, donors, and volunteers.
- Ensure an efficient and effective workforce is maintained and morale is sky-high.
- Safely manage employees, customers and others, ensuring that licenses are maintained for government bodies, including required business licenses and OH&S certifications.
- Maintain neat and orderly retail and online stores that are properly equipped and supplied.
Finance, Marketing & Communications
- Work with the Director of Operations in preparing an annual budget and creating informative financial reports for the Senior Leadership Team to help reach those goals.
- Monitor budget and analyze expenses, donations, and sales to establish goals for Find and achieve maximum revenue.
- Develop and implement recommendations to increase efficiency and revenue to enhance the organization’s financial position.
- Work with the Media Manager to develop, roll out and measure marketing and advertising programs.
- Keep the Director of Operations informed appropriately and timely of operational and financial matters.
Other duties will be assigned, as necessary.
First Year Deliverables / Measures of Success
Success in the first year will be determined by the candidate’s ability to:
- Understand the higher-level purpose of Find’s work through research and understanding of the supported housing landscape and the organization’s alignment to the initiatives of all levels of government.
- Build strong, trusting, and collaborative relationships with the Director of Operations and other Senior Leadership Team members.
- Develop strong, transparent, and collaborative relationships with donors, community contacts and other external stakeholders.
- Implement a business plan for Find to support retail and online growth initiatives.
- Maximize space allocation for each department within the existing warehouse.
- Provide professional development opportunities for managers, supervisors, and team leads
- Work with the management team to support department supervisors and team leads to identify measures then maximize efficiencies, productivity and staff morale.
- Manage budgets to ensure sustainability in furniture bank operations and profitability in retail operations.
- Work to reduce costs of new furniture allocation by searching for new distribution channels through an RFP process.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Commerce, Entrepreneurial Management, Business Management, or a related field.
- Five to seven years of management experience in a warehouse retail environment and not-for-profit or social enterprise setting.
- Related experience in a leadership role with proven success formulating policies, managing logistics, leading staff to achieve results, and applying an integrated approach to business services.
- Experience in warehouse logistics and management is preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience in housing will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to our goals of ending homelessness. A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker.
- Understanding of business processes associated with not-for-profits.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, or other outside partners.
- Exceptional leadership skills with a commitment to create and support an environment that enables staff to achieve results and develop and build organizational capacity for the future.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to engage with stakeholders of diverse and at times competing for interests to work towards achieving a common agenda.
- Excellent time and resource management skills, with the ability to lead and drive change.
- Passionate about our mission and that ending homelessness is possible – makes a significant impact on how the community organizes and allocates resources in a system-based approach to ending homelessness.
- Action-oriented – has an unwavering focus on what makes a difference and prioritizes accordingly.
- Driven to solve problems – break down the complex issues and discover solutions.
- Confidence-inspiring – establishes credibility, respect and builds strong working relationships with senior management, employees, and external stakeholders.
- Strengthened by diversity – embraces individual identity, supportive of others and motivated to learn from them.
Find is an open and flexible team because of the diverse backgrounds of our staff. This includes professional background, subject matter expertise, culture, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, language, hobbies, etc. We strongly encourage women, minorities, and people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.